Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Lesson Learn From Reading Class

What a day…

I don’t know what was going on this day. All things seem to be uncomfortable. Ya… there was something bothering me. I didn’t know actually whether it was a problem or not. Unfortunately, all my suroundings seem to be abandon me (maklum, saya lagi sensitif bow... ). When I tried to tell about “the thing” to a friend, she seemed not to realize that I just need an “ear” to listen.

After finishing an-hour-banking-procedure that was required by the Scholarship Institution, I chose not to attend the “Japanese Cross Culture Class” on 1.00 p.m. I went to Margo City instead of slept in the Class due to boring. I was alone. Sometimes it is better to do something alone when there is a-gloomy-heart. After seeing movie in Platinum and searching books in Gunung Agung, I went home. I just realize that at this time, the lonely-hang-out was not helping me to recover.

I had arrived at home and turned on my laptop when I remembered about yesterday lesson in Reading Class. The teacher copied from a reading material about keys to success. One of them was focus on distinguishing between problems and facts. The teacher told that “problem is something that can be fixed. If we are dealing with a circumstance that cannot be changed or fixed, than it’s no longer a “problem”, it is a fact".

I tought deeply whether “my thing” was a problem or just a fact.

I tried quite hard to figure it out. I did both thinking through all aspects related to “the thing” and drawing a mind map (I am used to doing this such a thing in jobs). Hihihi… sok ilmiah ya bow????. After 4 hours, I felt relieve. I could say that “the thing” was just a fact and there’s nothing I can do to fix or change it.

Understanding that it’s a fact, I think there’s no reason to waste emotional energy feeling frustrated over it. So, I try not to reliant myself on unnecessary stress. Let’s smiling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why you skip Japanese Cross Culture Class ? It seems a fun class, I had visit Japanese Embassy in the past, in that place, they told me a lot of interesting things about the country and still amazed me until now. Or, it's gotta be a very boring class yah ...