Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lately Spare Time

Though I have a tight schedule for English Class 7 hours a day from Monday to Friday and 3 hours in Saturday for Self Directed Learning (SDL) class, I have enough spare time lately. Moreover, we still haven’t had many assignments to do and it’s just taken 20 menutes away (by foot) from Campus to my rented house. Because I’m used to staying up late, I have 7 to 8 hours free time a day (this time has been reduced by time to take a bath and eat). Fyughhh… lovely. Alison must be envy me for this (hehehe… ). Since I had in charge in some office projects, I never had that long free time as I have now.

So, what do I do for spare time? Emm… there are some favourite things that I do for lately spare time.

Firstly, I do reading. I brought many books from Bandung. They’re not only fictions but also non fiction a.k.a “serious” books. From the very start of this “study period”, I have decided to read much more than I did before. Understanding that there’s imposible to get more capacity without reading, I make reading schedule.

Secondly, I do writing. Since I found myself having interest on all research stuff, I decided to be research functionalist after completing master degree and to be more productive in writing. That’s why I train myself to write at least 1 article a month.

The first two activities seem to be so serious, don’t they? Hehehe… Do not ever think that my life is going to be boring guys, because I do a such fun activity too. Here are the fun activities. Thirtly, I do blogging. I enjoy this kind of activity because it helps me much on expressing myself. It is not only about expressing ideas and reflections, but also expressing filling. For many times, blogging relieves me much after I had written down the “things” that I feel or think. Hehehe… Since I have been pushed much on Academic Writing, I decided to write in English as many as I can.

Fourthly, I am used to enjoying DVD movies. For the last two weeks, there were many movies that I had seen, e.q: The Reader, Mamma Mia, Death Defying Acts, Feast of Love, Nights in Rodanthe, Bolt, Quantum of Solace, Grey’s Anatomy series, Slumdog Millionaire, Prison Break’ series (Makkk… Janggg!!! Setelah dilist jadi ketahuan banyakan nonton film nih..:-D). However, I think this activity is good for me in developing an “ear” for listening skill and also in developing a “thought” for having critical analysis. Hihihi… it seems like educated justification, isn’t it?

No comments: