Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Classmates

I have been staying in Depok for about 2 months. It’s mean that I have been through one third of the EAP process. Then, what I can say so far? Though it’s a little bit tiring due to a tight schedule, actually I can say that the process is definitely fun. It is because of my classmates. My class consists of 13 people, 4 are women and the rest are men. We come from various government institutions, both central and local government. Here am I finding a very fun community. Emmm… There are 3 reasons why I feel that way.

Firstly, there’s no a day without laughing. Each of my classmate is a kind of playful person who loves joking. There're always moments to laugh (loudly laugh in fact), not only outside of class but also during the study process in class. Everyone seems to have talents to make jokes and humor. I see that the process of study become interested, lighthearted and spirited.

Secondly, my classmates are very generous and helpful. For we have "same and definite" goal to be reach in the end of this process, getting minimum score 83 in IBT, we try to help each other. Since the beginning, I, personally, think that we don’t compete against each other for this process. There is neither winning nor losing in this case. One thing for sure that we must pass "this" together. I am sure that all of my classmates think it in the same way.

Thirdly, I find another Javanese community. I was born in a small village where there was surrounded by Javanese culture and values. For I’ve been leaving my village since 1997, Javanese custom is always missed then. I don’t mean to be “a couvinist”. Off course not! I love making friend to anyone, whatever their etnic background. It’s only about something that remind me to all memories in the past. Honestly, I love the way Javanese speak particularly the accent. It sounds lovely and uniquely. I always miss it. Sure. Unfortunetely, there are not many Javanese communities that I have this far. There are: some people in office, Ida and Diana, ex-pancoran community, Mas Bron (I love the way he speaks… medoxxx bangeet... ;-p). That’s why it is interesting to find another Javanese community for most of my classmates are Javanese. Hehehe…. :-p

After all, I find a positive environment here. I wish that we gonna pass this process together. Ok, guys, let’s go for it!! Keep on fire!!

No comments: